NellyBirdie

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Psalmist

Recently was reading on the book of Psalm.
I really awe by the relationship that David have with The lord. My Lord.
With such descriptive words that he have penned, he write out the love that he have between himself and his maker.
From Psalm 11 , he talk about how God love the righteous and upright man. he reflects about his consiousness of what God hates and what God delight in .
Then in psalm 18, he talks about how god loves and delighted in Him ( vs 19) .
from what he write, it just make me so " jealous"... I want that also.

During my quiet time, i just ask God this question : "God are you delighted in me ?"
At that split moment, i sense that gush of God's assurance on me. that he loves me for who i am .
he loves no matter how sinful i am, and precisely because of his love, the sinful me decide to live a life that pleases him. not exactly sinless, but i would say blameless.
I know that the depth of my relationship determine my depth of praise and worship unto him.
I know that praise and worship is a end product of my knowing and relationship with christ.
david have inspire me that is possible to have such indecribable closeness with my maker.
I trully desire to go deeper in him that i able to say what david says as well in due time.
" for the lord delighted in me"

I am also reading a book about worship transition ... by tom kraeuter..
This is really a good book that widen my understanding of praise and worship. in the past i always think that worship is for the church and the unchurch to help them to be minister by God. But through this book i realise that praise and worship is first and foremost is TO GOD. We are worshipping the lord.. ushering people to the lord is a by product when first his WL , his levites is worshipping him. Sometimes i realise that i am very much caught up with whether the crowd is minister a not, whether the music suits them or not .. and etc.. that i realise that worshipping God is not the prirorities. My jb here is to get them ( the congregation ) to God.
Love and unity build the worship unt oGod as well.

I think is really important for alll praise and worship band to really under what is worship as much as possible in both knowledge and experience so that we can trully create the kinda of worship experince to the church and usher the lost back to the maker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home